The RequirementsTo be a good fit for the SEO Manager opportunity you should have:
- Passion for digital optimization.
- Strategy-driven research and analytical skills.
- A bachelor's degree in IT, Business, Marketing or similar field, preferably with a concentration in web or e-commerce.
- 5+ years of experience with SEO/SMO, and a track record of successfully increasing rankings.
- 4+ years of experience working with web analytics and website quality tools, preferably including Google Analytics.
- Some project management experience.
- Experience developing and delivering reports and presentations to management.
- Strong computer skills, including familiarity with MS Office Suite.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to interact effectively with student and staff populations.
- Superior organization and prioritization
- Strong self-motivation and the ability to achieve goals independently.
- A customer service orientation.
- Passionate attention to detail.
- Academic or education space background.
- Organizational process improvement experience.
The RoleReporting to the Vice President, Digital Products, you will join a team that includes three Product Managers and a Web Analyst. You will develop and report on core web strategies related to marketing site traffic, cross-media tracking, click-stream analysis and conversion utilizing existing (Google Analytics) and future analytic tools. Your key objectives will include:
- Developing and implementing comprehensive SEO strategies based on sound research, leading industry reports and goals.
- Tracking and reporting on key performance indicators measuring SEO performance around traffic growth, inquiry generation and rank improvements.
- Taking a hands-on approach to delving into technology issues related to web analytics and web development.
- Ensuring seamless integration between Marketing & Advertising web properties and attendant analytics.
- Project managing many aspects of web analytics initiatives.
- Proposing and implementing new analytics as well as interpreting and recommending action on a variety of analyses.
- Own and lead Interactive web analytics core competency, including:
- Establishing all analytics tracking and reporting standards, processes and best practices.
- Defining core metrics that drive Interactive work and how they will be measured.
- Educating Interactive team and business customers on metrics definitions.
- Automating reporting where possible.
- Integrating with marketing analytics team to provide data and coordinate project work to ensure Interactive web analytics is a key and valued data source for system-wide reporting and attribution.
- Work with business stakeholders to prioritize reporting and tracking requirements, and report on key web measures and initiative progress.
- Interpret key findings and trends in metrics, and provide intelligence and findings and trends to upper management and brand customers. You'll develop action plans to improve core metrics and communicate action plans for acceptance to upper management and brand customers.
- Develop standards for and coordinate use of web analytics system with external vendors, ensuring secure and sandboxed access when processes are utilized.
- Develop web strategy including ensuring the differentiated brand position comes to life through our websites and supports a consistent, scalable web-based end-to-end student experience. You'll also assist in the creation of web environments to support the student experience goals and provide automation that supports growth and scale to the organization.
- Work with data analysts and assist academic, brand, marketing and operational teams to identify trends and opportunities via data analysis.
- Ensure the accuracy, compliance, and freshness of the web content of the end-to-end student experience.
- Provide input to user experience, student communication products, design, business requirements, and technology solutions for current student, faculty, and staff for assigned EDMC school(s).
What's in It for YouStrategic and broad impact
We have done a good deal of work in optimizing web performance and we're past the low hanging fruit. You'll showcase your expertise, analytical skills and creativity in driving change -- and plenty of stakeholders will see it. You'll work with Product Managers, business partners in the various schools, marketing and branding teams, operational teams, vendors and others.
If you're the person we're looking for, part of what attracted you to web analytics is the ability to act quickly and see the impact in short order. The VP, Digital Products is an advocate of a fail-fast approach. We'll look to you to leverage analytical tools to make weekly changes that deliver results over windows of 30 to 60 days. The key element of fail-fast is on-going learning, and you'll be able to share insights and ideas with the VP, who is a seasoned and proven digital marketer.
With more than 410,000 graduates, we know we've got something special to offer. But don't just take our word for it! Here is some recent validation from external sources:
- In March 2016 The Art Institute of Vancouver Ranked 6th in the US and 1st in Canada on The Princeton Review's list of "Top Schools to Study Game Design." This marks the seventh consecutive year that The Art Institute of Vancouver has been ranked in the top 10.
- We're constantly adding high quality programs. In February 2016, for example, the Council for the Accreditation of Counseling and Related Educational Programs (CACREP) granted accreditation to the Master of Arts in Clinical Mental Health Counseling program at Argosy University, Dallas and the Doctor of Education in Counselor Education & Supervision program at Argosy University, Chicago.
EDMC is built on strong values: student success, integrity, innovation and excellence. We share a deep commitment to compliance and ethics, and to doing things right -- right by our students, regulatory bodies, and our own internal standards.
In addition to a competitive salary, we offer comprehensive benefits. You'll find all the offerings you'd expect: comprehensive medical coverage, along with dental, life insurance and a retirement plan. But our benefits package also includes things you might not expect. For example, if you are interested in personal/professional development and working toward your next degree, we have a generous education program.
Pictured: EDMC schools offer associate's, bachelor's, master's and doctoral degrees in a variety of fields, including Healthcare. Other programs include Art, Design, Fashion, Culinary, Business, Behavioral Science, Legal, and Computer Technology.
Keys to SuccessYou'll probably agree with us that there is no substitute for experience in web analytics. We're looking for a professional who has taken some bruises, learned from the experience, and jumped right back into it. You should be willing to take the calculated risks that are part of achieving results in this space.
You'll need to be willing to wear multiple hats. For the most part you'll focus on strategy while the Product Manager and vendors handle execution, but you should be open to contributing beyond your job description as necessary. Hopefully you recognize this as an opportunity to demonstrate your value to the team.
To excel in this role you will be a self-starter with a can-do attitude, handling your day-to-day workload with little or no direct supervision. In addition, you should:
- Interact effectively as either a leader or as a member of a team and work collaboratively with other departments.
- Listen to customers (e.g. staff, etc.) and to understand and respond positively to their requests.
- Adapt to changing assignments and multiple priorities.
- Manage multiple tasks and successfully meet deadlines.
- Quality services to clients.
- Development, growth, involvement, and recognition of employees.
- Sound economic principles.
- An environment that is conducive to innovation, positive thinking and expansion.
About UsCelebrating More Than 40 Years of Delivering Quality Higher Education to the Communities We Serve
At Education Management Corporation (EDMC), our schools are dedicated to giving students the skills, tools and confidence they need for a lifetime of success. From preparing graduates for their first, exciting foray into the business world to helping busy professionals broaden their career possibilities, we provide flexible curriculum and scheduling, smaller classes with hands-on instruction and abundant personal attention and, most importantly, a practical education.
We offer academic programs to students through campus-based and online instruction, or through a combination of both. EDMC is committed to offering quality academic programs and strives to improve the learning experience for our students. Our educational institutions offer students the opportunity to earn undergraduate and graduate degrees and certain specialized non-degree diplomas in a broad range of disciplines, including media arts, health sciences, design, psychology and behavioral sciences, culinary, business, fashion, legal, education and information technology.
Our value system is founded in the belief that excellence in education is measured by practical outcomes that enhance the lives of our students, enabling them to make important contributions in their workplace and in their communities. For years, our faculty and staff have been committed to educating students who care about the world around them, and strive to contribute in meaningful ways. Wherever an EDMC school can be found -- a big city or a small town -- the common thread that joins our schools and our students is the value of education in one's own career and life.